The Glengarry Pioneer Museum is now accepting applications for student employment to begin mid-May. All positions and terms of employment are dependent on grant approvals.
Please click on the link to view job description details.
No. of Positions to Fill: 3
Duration: 8-16 Weeks, depending on funding
Start Date: approximately May 15, 2023 to August 25, 2023
Collections and Research Assistant 2023
Events Coordinator and Administrative Assistant 2023
- High School Diploma and at least a year, or more, of post-secondary education, preferred;
- Open to students who are coming from full-time studies
- Interest in History, Social Sciences, Museum Studies, Education, Tourism, Business, or Photography/Videography, preferred.
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Written and oral proficiency in French, preferred;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in group environments and possesses strong team player attributes.
- Physically able to lift and handle different types of artifacts and displays;
- Commitment to learning and following a work plan.
- Ability to accept and learn from feedback.
- Demonstrated initiative and responsibility.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro, preferred. Training will be provided.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Social platforms
Applications are Due by: April 3, 2023
Please send your resume including a cover letter to the email address specified below by April 3, 2023.
They can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Glengarry Pioneer Museum is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants who apply for this position, but advise that only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.