This sheer black apron belonged to the family of Margaret (Harris) Morrow whose parents built the United Church in Maxville around 1926 where her father was the minister. Margaret and her family lived in the manse. The apron most likely came from one of her grandmothers.
This very sheer black georgette material has a black silk waist band with tiny jett beads along every seam with a double row of the intricate beads along the ruffle at the bottom of the apron.
The apron was made in circa 1880 and was donated to the Glengarry Pioneer Museum in 2009 by Barbara Craig, a friend of Margret Morrow.