2009-003-001 Woman’s hooded woolen tartan cape in Cameron of Lochiel plaid ca. 1875. Owned by Isabella Cameron MacDiarmid (1848-1933), second wife of Dr. Donald MacDiarmid of Maxville.
This sheer black apron belonged to the family of Margaret (Harris) Morrow whose parents built the United Church in Maxville around 1926 where her father was the minister. Margaret and her family lived in the manse. The apron most likely came from one of her grandmothers. This very sheer black georgette material has a black silkRead more
These Ojibway style snowshoes currently hang in the Orange Lodge building at the Museum. 2001-010-001 AB snowshoes 2001-010-002 This photo is of Mary Victoria Alberta (Bertie) Harkness (1879-1931) with her dog and the wonderful snowshoes. Mary was the daughter of Dr. Andrew Harkness and Janet Ross. “Bertie” married Arthur Powell, a druggist from Lancaster, in 1905. 2001-010-002
2002-000-001-01 revolver This muzzle-loading revolver and its case were donated to the Glengarry Pioneer Museum in 2002 by Mr. Basil McCormick, originally from Lochiel. This Whitney Navy Percussion Revolver is in good condition but not functioning. It has a wooden handle and is stamped with the name E. WHITNEY N. HAVEN, the maker and theRead more
Photograph and metals of John Archibald MacDonald, killed in action, 1917 WWI Bronze four-pointed Star,1914-15 1978-001-003 WWI Silver British War Medal awarded to all ranks of Canadian overseas military forces 1978-001-006 1978-001-011 Photograph of John Archibald MacDonald ca 1916 The portrait is large, measuring 29cm x 59.5cm Donated by Sister Clair MacDonald of Alexandria inRead more
Photograph of Simon Fraser, ca. 1865 Simon Fraser (1834 – 1918) owned and operated a Tannery on the Lochinvar Rd. in Lochiel Township in the second half of the 19th century. Previous to this, he trained at a Tannery in Lancaster, moved on to work for a Tannery in Vankleek Hill and then finally opened hisRead more