Glengarry Pioneer Museum volunteers provide hours of valuable assistance. Some help on a regular basis, while others prefer to be called “as-needed.” The GPM has a deep tradition of volunteer’s giving their time. Without it the museum would not be where it is today.
As a volunteer with us we hope you are able to gain as equally, if not more, than you are giving to us. Volunteering is a rewarding experience and we invite you to join us in whatever capacity is good for you.
Who can volunteer?
- University & College Students
- Retired Individuals
- Working Adults
- Parents whose children are at school
- High School Students
- Run a craft/activity during one of the Museum’s special events
- Learn and experience Glengarry Pioneer history surrounded by 19th century buildings and artifacts
- Gain experience working with the public
- Earn hours towards required high school volunteer experience
- Meet new people who share an interest in history
- Invitation to our Volunteer appreciation celebration
- Event planning
- Facility and Grounds Maintenance
- Education programs
- Historical Research and Artifact Cataloging
- Seasonal setup and takedown
- Administration & visitor services
Download and return the Volunteer Information Form so that we can help find a project that will make use of your skills and interests. You will find that the GPM community is a welcoming group, so contact us today!
Looking for volunteer hours to fulfill your school requirements? There are always opportunities at the museum. Fill out the above form, or simply give us a call, or send us an email. 613-527-5230. [email protected]