Seeking Volunteer Treasurer
The governing Board of the Glengarry Pioneer Museum is looking for a volunteer Treasurer to crunch numbers for a two year term.
If you have some hours to spare and have accounting or bookkeeping experience, this might be the perfect opportunity for you to become more involved in the local community and meet some friendly people along the way.
Those who are interested, or have additional questions, please contact the museum by November 30th, 2020. 613-527-5230 or [email protected]
2020 Job Description for Volunteer Treasurer
From the Museum By-Laws:
- The Treasurer shall: Have overall responsibility for the financial operations of The Museum in accordance with the financial policies established by the BoD.
- Maintain books of account showing the financial transactions of The Museum. Such books shall meet the requirements of the annual review, and provide the necessary data for audits, for applications for grants and as required by government agencies.
- Provide the BoD with a detailed report of The Museum’s financial standing at every meeting of the BoD, and present an annual report to the Membership at each AGM.
- Assist in the preparation of submissions for government or other grants.
Expansion of Above:
- Payroll – bi-weekly payroll of Curator and summer students; remit of government deductions to CRA quarterly; issuance of Record of Employment and T-4’s; recording of expense into accounting database.
- Accounts Payable – pay all appropriate expenses including utilities (electronic banking), event expenses, operation and maintenance expenses; recording of expense into accounting database; apply for GST rebate.
- Accounts Receivable – prepare bank deposits as appropriate and record revenue into accounting database.
- Bank reconciliations monthly.
- Provide financial reviewer year-end information and answer questions as required.
- Maintain files as required both electronically and hard copies.
Basic understanding of double entry accounting, use of databases and Excel.
August/September – 5 to 10 hours per week
Rest of year – 2 to 5 hours per week This position is a 2-year commitment, and the outgoing Treasurer will assist with the transition.
Click here for a PDF of the Treasurer’s Job Description 2020